This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Safeguard enterprise encryption stop renewing license and decrypt my drive from server 2012r2 and windows clients and uninstall.

Hi,

I'd like to know if I don't renew the license for safeguard enterprise encryption in my environment, what will happen after due date of license.

How to proceed Decryption my drives and uninstall the safeguard software from my server 2012r2 and windows client laptops.

With Regards,

Zaw

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi  

Once the License lapses, the policies can't be pushed. Please find the two different (to do) scenarios below:

Scenario 1: License has expired already

If the License has expired already, you will not be able to push policies anymore hence, you will have to create a new standalone package with "allow decrypt" policy and can decrypt the files in the machine.

Scenario 2: License is still active  

If the License is still active, push a policy with "allow decrypt", so that you can decrypt the files on the machine even when the license has expired.

To enable "Allow Decrypt" in policy

1. Login to the Safeguard Management Console > Full disk Encryption >

a. If it is Volume-based encryption: under Volume based settings >  user may decrypt volume should be Yes

b. If it is File based Encryption: under File based settings > User may decrypt files should be Yes

Let me know if this helps resolve your query.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.