This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Change computer name ti SGN Server 8

Hello SGN Support team,

Simple question:

I have to change computer name to a SGN Server with

SG Enterprise Database
SG Enterprise Server
SG Management Server

are there any issues or specific procedure to follow, or can I simply change it from system properties?

Any settings to change on Safeguard Enterprise Client?

Thanks and kind regards,

Enrico

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I fear this will not be as simple as you think as the certificates Sophos SafeGuard uses will be in the old server name and the SSL will be mis-matched. This will prevent clients talking back correctly to the server. 

I created a whole new infrastructure for my "new" setup, but used the same company cert. That way my old clients could be reconfigured to the new server fairly easily.

The client will need the new certs from the new/renamed server - and a new configuration file will have to be issued and installed on each client too.

Is this a large setup and why does the server HAVE to be renamed? This could be quite a bit of hassle if it's just an aesthetic thing?

From what you're suggesting I would recommend a new setup to be honest....

• I fear this will not be as simple as you think as the certificates Sophos SafeGuard uses will be in the old server name and the SSL will be mis-matched. This will prevent clients talking back correctly to the server. 

I created a whole new infrastructure for my "new" setup, but used the same company cert. That way my old clients could be reconfigured to the new server fairly easily.

The client will need the new certs from the new/renamed server - and a new configuration file will have to be issued and installed on each client too.

Is this a large setup and why does the server HAVE to be renamed? This could be quite a bit of hassle if it's just an aesthetic thing?

From what you're suggesting I would recommend a new setup to be honest....

Children
  • Dear Micheal,

Thank you for your reply. I'm goint to change the name of the server because it will be moved to another location and I would like to respect the naming convention.

Surely I will change the IP address of the server, but I suppose IP address is not an issue, doesn't it?

Kind regards,

Enrico