This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stand-Alone client with Windows 7 Profesional

Hello,

I have a customer that need this:

- Encrypted C: (volume based)

- Encryted E: (file based)

- USB media--> (file based,plaintext folder and safeguard portable).

I have configure this policy

I reboot computer, but not encrypted.

Any idea?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I have enrypted C: with volume based, but the E: with File based cannot->

Any idea?

• Hi Felipe,

After a File Encryption policy has been assigned to your computer, existing files in the locations covered by the encryption policy are not encrypted automatically. An initial encryption has to be performed.

We recommend that you perform this initial encryption as soon as your computer receives a File Encryption policy although your security officer may automatically initiate this encryption task. This is to ensure that your data is encrypted according to the policy as soon as possible after you received a File Encryption policy. Please refer to the article SafeGuard Enterprise user help. Let me know if this helps resolve your query.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Haridoss.

Sorry I don't understand this.

please can you tell me step by step. thanks

• Hi Felipe, 

After a File Encryption policy has been assigned to endpoints, files in the locations covered by the policy are transparently encrypted without user interaction:

■ New files in the relevant locations are encrypted automatically.

■ If users have the key for an encrypted file, they can read and modify the content.

■ If users do not have the key for an encrypted file, access is denied.

■ If a user accesses an encrypted file on an endpoint where File Encryption is not installed, the encrypted content is shown.

Already existing files in the locations covered by the encryption policy are not encrypted automatically. Users have to carry out an initial encryption in the SafeGuard File Encryption Wizard on the endpoint.

Please refer to the article SafeGuard Enterprise Administrator help and check the Chapter 23. Also, refer to SafeGuard Enterprise User help. Let me know if this helps resolve your query.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Felipe, 

After a File Encryption policy has been assigned to endpoints, files in the locations covered by the policy are transparently encrypted without user interaction:

■ New files in the relevant locations are encrypted automatically.

■ If users have the key for an encrypted file, they can read and modify the content.

■ If users do not have the key for an encrypted file, access is denied.

■ If a user accesses an encrypted file on an endpoint where File Encryption is not installed, the encrypted content is shown.

Already existing files in the locations covered by the encryption policy are not encrypted automatically. Users have to carry out an initial encryption in the SafeGuard File Encryption Wizard on the endpoint.

Please refer to the article SafeGuard Enterprise Administrator help and check the Chapter 23. Also, refer to SafeGuard Enterprise User help. Let me know if this helps resolve your query.

Haridoss Sreenivasan

Children