This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Disk Encryption Issue After Reformatting System Drive and Changing Computer Name

Hi, Sophos Support Team

In our organization, Sophos full disk encryption has been started to be implemented in some of our user's laptop. 

I have this situation wherein I reformatted the system drive of my laptop successfully but when I open 

the other local drives such as D and E, it is now asking for recovery key. Recovery key is not a problem since

we have it in sophos central that can be retrieved any time. My problem is that I can no longer encrypt the system drive again

using Sophos disk encryption and other local drives keep on asking recovery key when I open it. Before I reformatted

the system drive, all drives are automatically unlocked every time I logged in to windows using my domain account.

When I try to install again the SophosInstall.exe, after installing, it fails to encrypt.

Any one who can help me on this will be highly appreciated. If there is a procedure on how to reformat a computer and change computer name

with sophos full disk encryption in placed, could you please share to me. 

Laptop Details:

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

Lenovo T440

1TB HDD 

Thank you.

Cheers

Michael

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data