This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SafeGuard 8.0 does not install in Win10 Fall Creator Update builds

Hello,

More of an FYI, but I noticed in my Win10 testing, SafeGuard 8.0 client doesn't install on current Insider builds.  The preinstall works, but when installing the Client, it rolls back, says there's an error, and exits.  

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Yes, that’s right Safeguard works will all builds of Win10 except preview insider builds. Also note, RS3 will not be supported by SafeGuard 8.0, you will have to wait until release of SafeGuard 8.1. Thanks. ^kc

Karlos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.
  • Hi,

Thanks for the info.

To follow up, the "presumed RTM" was announced yesterday (16299.15) and was pushed out to the Fast Ring.  I noticed that SafeGuard 8.0 installs now, and it phones home, with the Bitlocker Recovery Key in the Recovery Wizard.  If there's something requiring a software update, it's not making itself known at the moment.

• Hi,

Thanks for the info.

To follow up, the "presumed RTM" was announced yesterday (16299.15) and was pushed out to the Fast Ring.  I noticed that SafeGuard 8.0 installs now, and it phones home, with the Bitlocker Recovery Key in the Recovery Wizard.  If there's something requiring a software update, it's not making itself known at the moment.

Children
No Data