This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Scripting the installs - help with ADDLOCAL and language

First the ADDLOCAL:

If I want to install multiple features that share a top level requirement, for example I want BitLocker with C/R and Synchronized, which of these three methods should I use? Or does it matter?

Multiple ADDLOCALs, one for each feature tree?
<msiexec etc etc> ADDLOCAL=Client,CredentialProvider ADDLOCAL=Client,BaseEncryption,BitLockerSupport,BitLockerSupportCR ADDLOCAL=Client,NextGenDataProtection

Or a single ADDLOCAL that completes each feature tree?
<msiexec etc etc> ADDLOCAL=Client,CredentialProvider,Client,BaseEncryption,BitLockerSupport,BitLockerSupportCR,Client,NextGenDataProtection

Or if the top level features have already been mentioned then they don't need to be mentioned again?
<msiexec etc etc> ADDLOCAL=Client,CredentialProvider,BaseEncryption,BitLockerSupport,BitLockerSupportCR,NextGenDataProtection

And then the language: I really don't like the way the GPO based installation goes for SGN so I want to move to scripted. When I script an install the installer to change and remove ends up in German, but I'm not sure if this is because I have already installed on and subsequently removed from the machine by pushing MSI through Group Policy in the past which required me to ignore the language on the client. I've noticed I have some after scripting the base install that are in German, and some are in English. If I run the install manually the installer ends up in English, which is what I want.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Bump again? Over 100 views and 3 subscribers, nice to know I'm not the only one who hasn't been able to google this up. Nobody knows? The problem with trial and error has been not knowing what previous installs have done and that my installs are all in German now which slows things down a little. I can try them all on a fresh Hyper-V machine with checkpoints I guess.

• Sorry James that no-one has replied.

We have scripted our installs but then bundled that up into an exe which calls the MSI with switches. 

We don't use C/R here so my install string uses Client,BaseEncryption,BitLockerSupport,CredentialProvider,CloudStorage,FileShare,SecureDataExchange

We don't modify ADDLOCAL or language I'm afraid?

Have you logged this with Sophos for a reply from them directly?