This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Starting Safeguard in a Virtual machine

My data is stored on a 2TB HDD which I believe has been infected with Malware. I have removed my drive and using a caddy attached to another machine I have tried to boot it in a Virtual Machine. Unfortunately all I presented with is:

Sophos Safeguard is starting...
Please wait...

Any ideas why I'm not presented with the username and password window?  Could it be a configuration issue and the specification of the virtual machine has to match that of the machine that the drive was originally in?

Any suggestions welcomed

Regards 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi  

Please find below the key points that should be followed while cloning the encrypted Hardrive:

- As the disk is encrypted, you can only perform a sector by sector copies and the image cannot be compressed.

- Hence your target drive should be at the same size as your source drive.

Also, you must copy every sector, even those that are flagged as "bad" within the file system. Otherwise, the important parts from SafeGuard Enterprise (i.e. the POA) are not copied, when the image is cloned.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.