This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SafeGuard USB Device White list

We are currently deploying automatic USB encryption across the organisation, however we have a select few devices we would like to add as an exception and not encrypt.

One of these devices is a presentation unit which connects via USB and allows the user to share thier screen on a projector, the issue is, as the USB presentation contains a small amount of memory (which contains the installer) this is automatically encrypted and the display unit does not work.

I have found a white lists section within the SafeGuard Management Center, when creating a whitelist it gives the option to create the list manually or import from Safeguard PortAuditor.

As there are only a few of these devices it may be quicker to add them manually, however when I click on "modify white list" it wants me to browse to an XML file.

Do I create the XML file in Excel and replicate the columns found in the White list section? (port, description, device information, vendor, product.etc) or is there an easier way?

Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.