This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SafeGuard Affecting MS Office Files

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue I hope you may be able to assist with. Since we have started using SafeGuard, some of my users have been having issues with saving Office files. As you may or may not know, when saving any kind of Office file, the file goes through several steps in the process. If the process doesn't complete in the allotted time, you receive an error. Specifically, you get a sharing violation error for Excel files and that the file is read only for Word documents. Everything I've found online seems to blame antivirus for the issue, but our problems only started after we moved to SafeGuard. Also, we only have these issues if we are saving files to the local machine and not to the server. Our antivirus scans everything, including the servers, but Safeguard is only on the local machines. I was wondering if anyone else is having these issues and, if so, were you able to solve them and how did you do it? Thanks in advance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Antonio,

I opened a ticket yesterday and there is a hotfix for this. Here is what they sent me:

Thank you for contacting Sophos Technical Support.

There is a hotfix available for this issue with MsOffice Documents.

Please apply this Hotfix to resolve this issue.

SafeGuard Enterprise: fixed issues in the hotfix SGN800SavingFileIssue with Microsoft Office documents

There was an issue that Office documents could not longer saved by using some file encryption modules from SafeGuard Enterprise.

Overview

This article provides information about issues fixed in the Hotfix SGN800SavingFileIssue.

The following sections are covered:

Applies to the following Sophos products and versions
    SafeGuard File Encryption 8.0

Prerequisits:

SGN Client 8.00.0 with a file encryption module installed

Issues resolved

• Saving Office files in an encrypted folder fail and the user gets the following error: Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error
    • The Widows crashes with a blue screen on Windows 10 (TH1, 10.0.10240 Build 10240) Clients when accessing encrypted files. The stop message is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50).

Installation of patch files (msp)

The patch can be downloaded from here (https://www.sophos.com/Pages/DownloadRedirect.aspx?downloadKey=%7bFA9FDE6E-9342-4DB7-B5A2-B6D202F45492%7d)

• msiexec /p SGN800SavingFilesHotfix_x64.msp REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=vomus /qr

Restart the computer after installation of the patch

I haven't done it yet, but I figured I'd share so we can all try to get past this. LOL

Children
No Data