This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SafeGuard Affecting MS Office Files

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue I hope you may be able to assist with. Since we have started using SafeGuard, some of my users have been having issues with saving Office files. As you may or may not know, when saving any kind of Office file, the file goes through several steps in the process. If the process doesn't complete in the allotted time, you receive an error. Specifically, you get a sharing violation error for Excel files and that the file is read only for Word documents. Everything I've found online seems to blame antivirus for the issue, but our problems only started after we moved to SafeGuard. Also, we only have these issues if we are saving files to the local machine and not to the server. Our antivirus scans everything, including the servers, but Safeguard is only on the local machines. I was wondering if anyone else is having these issues and, if so, were you able to solve them and how did you do it? Thanks in advance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.