This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SGN Windows Users to SGN User

Is it possible to change the SGN user state from SGN Windows user to SGN user without deleting the user account profile from windows 10 standalone with B/L-CR apart from uninstalling/re-installing and going through the whole process again.   And is it necessary to have it as SGN user. What is the difference between the two?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Graham,

SGN Windows Users will not be able to log in through POA, while regular SGN Users can. However, if you're on Windows 10, you don't have POA anyways since we're using Bitlocker, so changing the users is not necessary. In theory, you could delete the user certificate and then make an SGN user out of them, but I wouldn't recommend that as you can still access all the things your user account should.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Graham,

SGN Windows Users will not be able to log in through POA, while regular SGN Users can. However, if you're on Windows 10, you don't have POA anyways since we're using Bitlocker, so changing the users is not necessary. In theory, you could delete the user certificate and then make an SGN user out of them, but I wouldn't recommend that as you can still access all the things your user account should.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Children
No Data