This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WinPe - recoverytoken.tok cannot be located

Good morning,

For a year or two, when needing to run Winpe to recover via a virtual client, we have not really had any problems. At some point this has become more troublesome.

I usually put winpe on a bootable usb stick. I've noticed that once winpe is loaded that many of the file directories are missing. A lot of the time the recoverytoken.tok file that I have placed onto the drive is not visible either. It has worked in the past being either on the root of the usb drive or in a 'token' folder on the usb drive. Without that token file I can't move forward with the challenge response. Sometimes it's visible, sometimes it isn't. I can't figure out why.

I have found that if the token file is burned to a cd then placed into the computer's optical drive that I can find the token file. Not all of our computers have optical drives though.

We currently have a mixture of Sophos Safeguard enterprise disk encryption v6 and v7.  I try to use the version of winpe that corresponds to what the computer has installed.

Does anybody have an idea of why this happens?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.