This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows 10 Screen Lock/Unlock takes 5 minutes

We have multiple domain joined Windows 10 Enterprise/Education computers that are exhibiting extremely long delays in locking and/or locking the screen (i.e. Windows Key + L, Start > User Display Name > lock, Ctrl + Alt + Del > Lock). These delays range anywhere from 30 seconds to more than 5 minutes, does not always happen for both lock/unlock, and has randomly started and stopped on systems. We are using SafeGuard 8.00.0.251 clients managing BitLocker.

We have installed SysMon on systems with this issue and do not find any noticeable irregularities during the lock/unlock operation. We have also done packet captures and have found no SafeGuard related traffic during the lock/unlock operation. We have noticed that enabling the "High Performance" power profile in Windows Power Options has reduced the delay, and in some cases eliminated it entirely at least temporarily.

Users have been very patient and are less concerned with the extended time to lock the computer as they are with unlocking. In the last week we have noticed more of these cases rising up and are wondering if there is something related to Windows patches.

I have put a support ticket in with Sophos asking for help, but when they replied (finally, after about 6 weeks) they stated that it was a "known issue with BitLocker", that it is normal for lock/unlock to take up to 2 minutes and if it takes more than 2 minutes then there is "another" issue, but they never clarified what that issue might be. They did suggest decrypting the client, reinstalling the SafeGuard software and re-encrypting, but that is not an acceptable solution when there are a dozen or so machines with this issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this kind of delay with screen lock on Windows? Has anyone found the root cause? I have not found any relevant information from Google searches looking more broadly for this issue on encrypted computers using BitLocker.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data