This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

(green horn) I want to set up file encryption only for specific location on network share (for test Virtual PC to start, then my dept full OU on AD.)

Hello all,

I am a green horn and am trying to configure this software for the first time ever.   I have no professional experience with this software and we did not hire support time.   What I have (some inherited) is the manager installed and connected to my AD, and can see within the manager tool my departments OU members and computers etc.  I have installed the client on a single Virtual PC that I can see again it in the AD interface screens.  What I don't have and have not seen is a good manual or set of steps that will lead me through what else I need to do to complete this project.  Based on what I have written (see subject):

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the best document that will give me some guidance?   ...I have been just guessing at this so far with 4 PDF documents are not much help.  when I key work search them I am not fining anything on specific file location etc. 8)  TIA.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • So I have attempted to configure the form you show, added polices*, added them to a group policy.  In one policy I have added the file encryption path again like you suggested with UNC path. have added two test virtual PCs to a group, added myself to the security officers sub menu.   ...but I cannot get the policy to deploy.   I am not sure what I am missing.

*I have a passphrase, pin, password, and file encryption policies.  I have added the two virtual systems to a group.   I am not sure where they link to policies...  TIA.  -KJ

• Morning Keith - You need to create a policy group for your policies and apply this group to an OU.

You can assign individual policies but that might start to become difficult to manage, so I'd create groups and assign those.

To assign a group to the OU drag the group onto the Policies tab within the console and click save.

Refresh the client (resync) and it should then pull down the recently assigned policy.

• Morning Keith - You need to create a policy group for your policies and apply this group to an OU.

You can assign individual policies but that might start to become difficult to manage, so I'd create groups and assign those.

To assign a group to the OU drag the group onto the Policies tab within the console and click save.

Refresh the client (resync) and it should then pull down the recently assigned policy.

Children
No Data