This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

LAPS and Safeguard Disk Encryption

I am looking to setup LAPS (Local Administrator Password Solution) to centrally manage Local Administrator Passwords, and have around 2000 machines that have been encrypted using Safeguard Disk Encryption 7.x.

I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone can assist with.

I understand that when others have changed the local administrator password using scripts, Safeguard doesn't recognise the change, has anyone had experience with LAPS, and do the passwords get syncronised?

If they do not, has anyone come up with a procedure to syncronise the local admin password with the enterprise solution centrally, without requiring the administrator account to be logged in?

I have been looking for any forum, or webpage and have found nothing on this, has anyone else had more success, could you point me in the right direction. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Neil,

I have no knowledge of LAPS but I can explain the procedure that Safeguard uses to process password changes.

If a user wants to change their password, the correct way of doing this is:

• POA | Options | Check 'Change password at next logon' 
    • Ctr+Alt+Del | Change A Password.

This action is then captured by the credential provider on the local SafeGuard protected machine.

This is explained in more detail here, http://sophos.com/kb/117256.

I hope this helps.

Bill.

• Hi Neil,

I have no knowledge of LAPS but I can explain the procedure that Safeguard uses to process password changes.

If a user wants to change their password, the correct way of doing this is:

• POA | Options | Check 'Change password at next logon' 
    • Ctr+Alt+Del | Change A Password.

This action is then captured by the credential provider on the local SafeGuard protected machine.

This is explained in more detail here, http://sophos.com/kb/117256.

I hope this helps.

Bill.

Children