This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HELP! Dynamic disks or GPT disks are used on this machine. Please install again and choose Bitlocker Encryption. Error 5009

Hi,

I'm getting below error message on all our new machine Lenovo T460 windows 7 64bit

Dynamic disks or GPT disks are used on this machine. Please install again and choose "Bitlocker Encryption". Error 5009

Where do I choose BitLocker Encryption?

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Morning Sujita - This may help

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/118203

So in essence if you want Sophos using BitLocker then you have to change the disk to MBR.

DiskPart can help you get more information about the partitions on your HDD. Check this article for more detail on that.

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/120457

Hope this helps a little?

• Hello Sujita,

What version of Windows are you running?  Bitlocker on Windows 7 is only available on the Enterprise or Ultimate editions.

If your version of Windows is not one of these you will need to upgrade the OS to one that supports Bitlocker or format the hard disk to MBR.  After this you will need to reload Windows.

Bill.

• I am having the same issue.  I have installed the new SafeGuard Enterprise Management Center for newer hardware with processors requiring SafeGuard 8.  These are 64 bit Windows 7 Pro machines and bitlocker is not wanted or available.  I want to use manage and have recovery capability through SafeGuard and not Windows Bitlocker.  Also, these are UEFI drives.  I do not want to reformat with MBR and reinstall Windows.  Frustrating as this has been a two week process due to poor documentation and Sophos technical support that only can/wants to support break/fix issues.  I am trying to avoid having more PCs reduced "bricks" or expensive paper weights. 

It is the poor documentation and lack of support that will leave me looking for a replacement end user and network protection solution.

• Gina,

Unfortunately we discovered the same thing and had no choice but to convert and reinstall. Painful indeed.

• I don't know if this is appropriate here, but I have successfully converted from GPT to MBR without destroying data or re-installing Windows using Aomei Partition Manager. You have to pay for it, but it does work and has other features besides that make it worth the money.

Perhaps this might save someone else some time if they happen by this thread.