This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise 8 client - Windows 10 crash

When Installing SG 8 client on Windows 10 Laptop (Lenovo X250) with SDD drive, the system crash and can't boot. The error message is:

"UNEXPEXTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP_(Storeport.sys)"

When We uninstall the client from safe mode, the system starts normally.

Any Idea?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi AhmedIbrahim,

Storport.sys isn't anything to do with SafeGuard, this is a type of system file associated with Microsoft Office System Beta 2 Kit, around 2003 I believe.

It could also be a SCSI Port driver, Windows Server 2003 and later versions include storport.sys, a storage port driver for use with high-performance buses, such as fibre channel buses, and RAID adapters.

If you gather a full crash dump then analyse with WinDbg you should be able to gather further information about the crash. Most likely it'll be an unhandled exception that occurred in the driver.

I hope that helps.

• Thank you for the reply

I opened a support ticket with Sophos and once they find a solution, I will share it with you.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to AhmedIbrahim

Hi AhmedIbrahim,

Many thanks for the update, open a ticket with MS too so they're aware, they may also have a fix.

I notice you're still running the 1511 version of Windows 10, I'd run the latest Windows updates which should take you to 1607, this should also help but make sure you suspend BitLocker before you do this if enabled.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to AhmedIbrahim

Hi AhmedIbrahim,

Many thanks for the update, open a ticket with MS too so they're aware, they may also have a fix.

I notice you're still running the 1511 version of Windows 10, I'd run the latest Windows updates which should take you to 1607, this should also help but make sure you suspend BitLocker before you do this if enabled.

Children