This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Generating reports

Hi,

We need a way to generate a report (export to Excel?) that shows us what computers are encrypted, what computers are not encrypted, what computers have the encryption package installed but are still not encrypted (due to errors?), etc..

We have thousands of clients with Sophos encryption installed, using SCCM for deployment. Many of them, but not all, end up with the HDDs not encrypted even though SCCM is reporting successful installation. The server is showing that the HDD portion is not installed, and add/remove programs 'modify' is showing that it is not installed.

I have two ways to get a report of what is going on I think:

1) some kind of export report feature on the Safeguard Management Center?

2) find a file on the client computer that indicates whether the hdd is encrypted or not. We can scan for the existence of that file or use a script to find it within our network. I know that if we run sgnstate.exe from within the Sophos installation folder that it reports if a drive is encrypted or not. Where does that piece of software get that information from?

Thank you!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Bryan,

Please take a look at the following article.  

Article ID: 109925
    Title: How to create reports in SafeGuard Enterprise
    URL: http://sophos.com/kb/109925

Report 1 or 9 may be of use to you.

Bill.

• Hi - It's also possible to use the "Inventory" function to get a basic report (CSV/Excel etc...) of the state of your machines.

Go to Users and Computers within your Enterprise console. Find the container (that may contain subcontainers) where all your computers reside

Select the top node of your container (If you're using AD then select your FQDN)

On the right hand side of the screen select the Inventory tab. Click the "Including sub containers" option. Click the magnifying glass search button without entering any computer name detail.

All your PC's that now exist within SSG should now be displayed - including their O/S and encrypted state of each drive.

Select one PC and then File - Print Preview

In the Print Preview that appears please select File - Export Document - CSV (or XLSX, Excel, PDF....whatever)

A small window will pop up with the Export Options. Change or modify/play with these to suit - they're all logical

Click OK once you're configured your options...

Save the exported file somewhere that makes sense for you. Note it will always call the document "Document" so do name it accordingly or have 100 exports with the same name....

You will then be prompted if you wish to open this file. Click Yes (if you have a necessary viewer installed on the server) Click No to open later.

Voila....As they say in French speaking countries....

Hope that helps? I can provide screenshots of this if needed but it's quite easy and all my shots have confidential data in!

• Thank you. I don't know how I managed to overlook this.