This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Decrypt and uninstall Sophos v5.50

Hi,

I have an old work laptop for personal use, that has Windows 7 and Sophos v5.50, I would like to reinstall windows on it but no longer work at the company it was supplied by so am not able to hook into IT support.

Is there a way to remove and Decrypt and uninstall Sophos v5.50 but leaving Windows as it is so I can reinstall windows at later date.

Thanks & rgrds

Darren

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Darren,

Have you seen this document? 

Thank you,

Bob

• Hi Bob,

Tried to follow the doc but could not find anywhere on the pc where to check for the tamper protection.

I then moved onto the next steps and the only app to uninstall related to Sophos / Safeguard is Sophos Safeguard 5.50.1 client, i try to uninstall it but get the following error:

Error 25200 Uninstallation is not possible because a policy does not allow it.

I've checked policies on pc and can not find anything related, checked in local policy Security Policy and Group Policy mgt

I did manage to uninstall the following:

Sophos Safeguard preinstall 5.50.1 and Sophos Safeguard 5.50.1 client Configuration

• Hello Darren,

seems that Uninstallation allowed was set to No in the last SafeGuard (not any Windows) policy. I fear you can't work around this (you'd at least need an appropriate Client Configuration package).

Christian

• Hi Christian,

Does that mean I need a new hard disk? or can i wipe the current one without corruption and install fresh windows then?

Reply Children