This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Opening Safeguard Encrypted email attachments on mobile devices

Good afternoon everybody,

I'm currently trialing Sophos Safeguard & have a question with regards to opening encrypted email attachments on mobile devices.

My company uses a non-Sophos MDM provider (Airwatch by VMware) Whenever I encrypt a basic attachment (Office, Word etc) & email it on, the end user is unable to open the encrypted attachment.

Do I need to have Sophos' own MDM solution installed to be able to open attachments, encrypted by Safeguard, on mobile devices?

My concern about rolling Safeguard out within my business at the moment is that we send hundreds of email attachments to our customers and at the moment it doesn't look like these end users will be able to open attachments on their mobile devices, they'll be forced to open the attachments on desktop clients.

Has anybody experienced this issue?

Thanks 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

to be able to share encrypted files between mobile devices and some desktop/laptop you can use the Sophos Mobile Control.

https://docs.sophos.com/esg/sgn/8-0/admin/win/en-us/webhelp/index.htm#concepts/InteractionSMC.htm

To get this implemented I would recommend to get in contact with us and ask for Project Support via Porfessional Services. This because of the fact that there are several componet involved and we should check all the details in a direct contract, not via the public forum. Just to find the best solution for your specific environment.

Best regards

• Thanks for the reply, however, does this mean that the only way to view encrypted or password protected documents done so via Safeguard, is to use Sophos Mobile control?

My concern is that internally that would work, however, I send attachments to my customers daily, I can't expect all of these customers to have Sophos Mobile control.

Can you confirm that there are no other ways to read encrypted/protected documents on mobile devices without using Mobile Control?

Thanks

• Thanks for the reply, however, does this mean that the only way to view encrypted or password protected documents done so via Safeguard, is to use Sophos Mobile control?

My concern is that internally that would work, however, I send attachments to my customers daily, I can't expect all of these customers to have Sophos Mobile control.

Can you confirm that there are no other ways to read encrypted/protected documents on mobile devices without using Mobile Control?

Thanks

Children
No Data