This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Recovering access to SafeGuard Management Center

We currently have SafeGuard Server 7.0 and SafeGuard Management Center 7.0 installed at out site and several PCs are running SafeGuard Device Encryption.  We are unable to get into the Management Center.  When I login to the server and click on the Management Center application, it prompts me to select which security officer to login as (there is only one listed to pick from) and it wants password which I don't know.

This is also my first exposure to SafeGuard Disk Encryption.  Is there an approach to restore access into the Management Center so that I can start familiarizing myself with it?  Or, if I will need to blow it away and start over, can I please get guidance on how to safely remove the Device Encryption from (mainly) Windows 7 Pro laptops and desktops where it's currently installed, so that I can at least have a clean slate and start investigating how to properly deploy this solution?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Lincoln,

Unfortunately there is no "back door".

Your only option is to rebuild. In order to do this you will need access to the MSO and Company certificates. These should have been backed up and securely stored along with details of the associated passwords. Without these certificates you will have to start over and wipe the existing laptops in order to manage them from the new SafeGuard environment. If the existing laptop policies allow unencrypting/uninstalling you may be able to simply right click on the drive and select decrypt, after which you can then uninstall SafeGuard from the laptop.

Regards,

Neil.