This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dell Latitude E7270 No init issue

Dell Latitude E7270 No init issue - has anyone experienced seeing this issue please on boot up?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Not on a 7270 but on 5470, 5570 etc. etc. Which client version are you trying to install?

in general, make sure that SATA mode is set to AHCI in the BIOS (Windows will almost certainly need a reinstall if you need to change this) and that you are using the appropriate hotkey options - ideally from a recent POACFG file provided by Sophos. But at the very least, I suggest NOATA=1 as an installation parameter:

msiexec /i "z:\02_SGNClient_x64.msi" TARGETDIR=%SYSTEMDRIVE% ROOTDRIVE=%SYSTEMDRIVE% /qn CONFIRMCPREMOVAL=1 /norestart ADDLOCAL=Client,SecureDataExchange,BaseEncryption,SectorBasedEncryption,CredentialProvider NOATA=1

• Hey Mark,

I'm trying to install 7.00.2.23 on a Win 7 Pro which was modified by adding the newer SATA storage controller driver which was required to install with this particular Dell model E7270.

The BIOS settings were configured as AHCI and set to Legacy Boot on. I tired running your suggested command line from an elevated command prompt, substituting the z:\02_SGNClient_x64.msi with my location\installer name but nothing appeared to run. 

Any other suggestions? Thanks! 

• Hi

Try removing the /qn from the line above - that will give you the GUI version, modified with the appropriate settings.

Additionally, you could also add some logging options to get some really detailed output that you can send to Sophos for further analysis - see my answer to this post here 

Good luck

Mark

• Hi

Try removing the /qn from the line above - that will give you the GUI version, modified with the appropriate settings.

Additionally, you could also add some logging options to get some really detailed output that you can send to Sophos for further analysis - see my answer to this post here 

Good luck

Mark

Children
No Data