This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

User Prompted for Safguard Logon after Windows Login

Hello,

I am using Safeguard 8.00.0.251, and I've set up safeguard on my AD domain.

Everything seems to be working properly, except that after a user logs in in its windows domain account, he gets a safeguard prompt asking for login.

If I cancel, safeguard will dowload new policies and synchronize with the server, but the user keyring won't be unlocked and he can't open encrypted files or create new ones.

If I fill in the proper credentials (the exact same ones used for windows login), everything works as intended.

Is there a way to disable this "double" login (windows+safeguard)? Maybe it is some misconfiguration, any help is appreciated.

It happens in all clients, and both in network location encryption or synchronized encryption.

Regards,

Duarte Rocha

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

I'm just writing in case someone has the same problem as I had.

After configuring safeguard the windows login must be done using the safeguard "Other User" (view image - on the right the dented circle) and not the usual windows symbol login, otherwise after login safeguard will prompt for the credentials again.

What Bohdan referred applies when using the SGN POA login, but after windows 8 AFAIK safeguard only allows bitlocker, so there is no option for windows pass-through (It can be enforced on the Authentication Policy) -

obs. If you upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 and you have SGN POA Login then you can have it in windows 10 =)

But that was not my issue.

• Hello,

I'm just writing in case someone has the same problem as I had.

After configuring safeguard the windows login must be done using the safeguard "Other User" (view image - on the right the dented circle) and not the usual windows symbol login, otherwise after login safeguard will prompt for the credentials again.

What Bohdan referred applies when using the SGN POA login, but after windows 8 AFAIK safeguard only allows bitlocker, so there is no option for windows pass-through (It can be enforced on the Authentication Policy) -

obs. If you upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 and you have SGN POA Login then you can have it in windows 10 =)

But that was not my issue.

Children
No Data