This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SafeGuard(R) System Event Manager is not starting

Hello,

after upgrade from 6.1 to 8.0.251 the SafeGuard(R) System Event Manager  is not starting.

Application event log contain this error:

Faulting application name: SGN_MasterServicen.exe, version: 8.0.0.251, time stamp: 0x577a8b2d
Faulting module name: WS2_32.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57334d8c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x770639c2
Faulting process id: 0xc08
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2385333ac17ec
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SGN_MasterServicen.exe
Faulting module path: WS2_32.dll
Report Id: 7198e840-a446-11e6-beb3-005056a3163c

Any idea?

Thank you

Best regards,

Oldrich

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • FormerMember
    +1 FormerMember

Hello Oldrich,

That's a Microsoft Windows dll which is probably causing the SafeGuard services to fail their startup routine.

Open RegEdit and browse to the following location: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\CEIPEnable

Typically when SafeGuard is working CEIPEnable is set to 0, when failing CEIPEnable is set to 1.

This registry key belongs to the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program, disabling it on the failing machine normally resolves the issue.

Please let me know how you get on.

• Toby,

I tried that "fix" and it got me in the boot loop. I had to run WinPE and remove Sophos from safemode to get back in to the workstation. Plus I have another laptop sitting next to the non working one and its CEIP is set to "1". Any thoughts?

Reply Children
No Data