This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dell Inspiron 15 requests Bit Locker Key after installing Safeguard Easy cannot access laptop

Hi,

I'm completely new to Safeguard this has always been handled by a colleague so apologies in advance if these are 'newbie' questions.

The issue I have is that the laptop is asking for bit locker key. If I go to the safeguard policy manager and import the Sophos xml file I have for this user it asks for the challenge code. I cannot give the challenge code as I don't have UEFI POA screen with this laptop - this is a bit locker windows 10 machine and no PoA screen on login.

So I'm stuck in a catch 22 with this one - no bit locker code and no challenge code - how do I get around this?

Thanks

Mike 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hey there Mike,

Is the machine asking for a BitLocker startup key to boot the machine, or a BitLocker recovery key to recover the machine and enable it to boot?

If you're trying to recover the machine via the console and it's giving you a response code rather than a recovery key you've most likely selected a machine with Full Disk Encryption installed, ie: the wrong machine.

• Hi Toby

I've raised a support case on this now - I'll post the resolution in here once I have an answer as it may help someone else in the future

Thanks

Mike

Reply Children