This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I Silently Uninstall SafeGuard Client?

Hello!

I have been asked to see if there is a way to silently uninstall SafeGuard Client? We have quite a few PCs (All Windows 7 Pro 64bit) that needs this removed and some are at remote offices. I have the Dell Kace 1000 at my disposal if that can help.

Thank you for your time and advice.

:57347

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember
    Hello,

Many thanks for posting this.

SafeGuard can indeed be removed via silent uninstall, the application files are just MSI files so you can uninstall via GPO, SCCM or similar software of your choosing.

In the first instance it's best to decrypt the client machine, reboot, and ensure that everything is in order before performing a full installation. If you just want to go straight for the full uninstall (decrypting as you go) you will need to:

1. Uninstall the SafeGuard Configuration package (do not reboot)
    3. Uninstall the SafeGuard Client (the machine will now decrypt, do not reboot or let the machine sleep / hibernate)
    4. Uninstall the SafeGuard Preinstall
    5. Reboot the machine

I hope this helps.
  • I have done this process but after reboot, my computer does not boot up at all. Just sits there on a black screen as if it has lost what to boot. No OS boots up at all. Help!!!

Reply Children
No Data