This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error: "Cannot Obtain Computer Key"

Hi,

I have a workstation that has been locked out and requires a challenge/response to continue. It is running Sophos SafeGuard v5.50.8.13 and is a managed Enterprise client. I have performed a challenge/response to successfully unlock workstations on a number of occasions. However, on this occasion I am getting the error message "Cannot obtain computer key" when I use the recovery console to generate a response code.

Has anybody seen this error before and would be able to advise a solution?

Thanks

:52407

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I can also see the computer key but get the same error although this thread is old my version of safeguard is v7 how do you re-activate a key I see no such way on this version, the only solution I see from sophos is to initiate recovery!! seriously all this because a user locked out the machine their has to be a way other than recovery methods.

• I can also see the computer key but get the same error although this thread is old my version of safeguard is v7 how do you re-activate a key I see no such way on this version, the only solution I see from sophos is to initiate recovery!! seriously all this because a user locked out the machine their has to be a way other than recovery methods.

Children
No Data