This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Safeguard Fingerprint logon - Lenovo laptop(s)

I am having a real time attempting to get the fingerprint logon solution to work.  I'm attempting to utilize this with Lenovo laptops.

The first question I've got is - is it possible to not have Fingerprint software installed on the system, install Safeguard, and then later install Fingerprint software (the proper version of course)?  Will Safeguard pick it up and use it then?

Secondly, is it possible to have multiple users on the same laptop log into POA using Fingerprint?

Third, does Safeguard recognize multiple Fingerprints on the same fingerprint profile?

:2395

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

I just spent 2 days trying to make fingerprint logon in POA work, and no success. It works fine for Windows login, but I am not getting the fingerprint logon screen in POA despite having Fingerprint enabled as logon mode through policy. My setup:

Notebook Lenovo R500

Lenovo Fingerprint software 3.3.2.27 (can't go to a lower version because that one does not work with the reader on Win7)

reader AuthenTec AES2810 (driver 8.6.0.13)

SafeGuard Enterprise 5.50.0

Logon mode in the policy User ID/Password; Fingerprint

Windows 7 (32)

Fingerprints enrolled, login to Windows using fingerprints works, it just does not work in POA. Is this really a bug in SafeGuard, or am I doing something wrong? Can anyone advise, please, why this is not working - why the fingerprint logon screen does not show up in POA?

Thanks.

PS: Yes, I really agree with "As a side note I also requested that LSH (Local Self Help) works with fingerprint activated policies too - seeing as fingerprint isn't working for a lot of customers we have to fall back to password authentication.  Unfortunately when fingerprint authentication is enabled on a policy Local Self Help stops working. (This is by design). Not good when the users forget their passwords and the Servicedesk is closed."

LSH should be available. With so many different PC configurations, fingerprints are pain, they more often fail than work.

:4330
  • Hi,

I just spent 2 days trying to make fingerprint logon in POA work, and no success. It works fine for Windows login, but I am not getting the fingerprint logon screen in POA despite having Fingerprint enabled as logon mode through policy. My setup:

Notebook Lenovo R500

Lenovo Fingerprint software 3.3.2.27 (can't go to a lower version because that one does not work with the reader on Win7)

reader AuthenTec AES2810 (driver 8.6.0.13)

SafeGuard Enterprise 5.50.0

Logon mode in the policy User ID/Password; Fingerprint

Windows 7 (32)

Fingerprints enrolled, login to Windows using fingerprints works, it just does not work in POA. Is this really a bug in SafeGuard, or am I doing something wrong? Can anyone advise, please, why this is not working - why the fingerprint logon screen does not show up in POA?

Thanks.

PS: Yes, I really agree with "As a side note I also requested that LSH (Local Self Help) works with fingerprint activated policies too - seeing as fingerprint isn't working for a lot of customers we have to fall back to password authentication.  Unfortunately when fingerprint authentication is enabled on a policy Local Self Help stops working. (This is by design). Not good when the users forget their passwords and the Servicedesk is closed."

LSH should be available. With so many different PC configurations, fingerprints are pain, they more often fail than work.

:4330
Children
No Data