This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Safeguard Fingerprint logon - Lenovo laptop(s)

I am having a real time attempting to get the fingerprint logon solution to work.  I'm attempting to utilize this with Lenovo laptops.

The first question I've got is - is it possible to not have Fingerprint software installed on the system, install Safeguard, and then later install Fingerprint software (the proper version of course)?  Will Safeguard pick it up and use it then?

Secondly, is it possible to have multiple users on the same laptop log into POA using Fingerprint?

Third, does Safeguard recognize multiple Fingerprints on the same fingerprint profile?

:2395

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents

• RL wrote:

After raising a support ticket with Sophos I was told the Authentec version I'm using is not yet supported.

FYI...

Quote "Lenovo Fingerprint for AuthenTec versions 3.2.x are the only supported versions This has been raised as a deffect - DEF58676: Lenovo: No Fingerprint possible in POA with Authentec 3.3.2.27 (ItemID: 58676)"

NB: From my understanding this would be mean that Windows 7 is not fully support for the Authentec chip as yet as Lenovo released version 3.3.x for Windows 7.

Hi RL,

Thank you for your very informative post and including the response from Sophos Support regarding the Lenovo FPR and SGN POA.

In the event that anyone else needs to check the Lenovo FPRs supported by SGN click here.

:3054

• RL wrote:

After raising a support ticket with Sophos I was told the Authentec version I'm using is not yet supported.

FYI...

Quote "Lenovo Fingerprint for AuthenTec versions 3.2.x are the only supported versions This has been raised as a deffect - DEF58676: Lenovo: No Fingerprint possible in POA with Authentec 3.3.2.27 (ItemID: 58676)"

NB: From my understanding this would be mean that Windows 7 is not fully support for the Authentec chip as yet as Lenovo released version 3.3.x for Windows 7.

Hi RL,

Thank you for your very informative post and including the response from Sophos Support regarding the Lenovo FPR and SGN POA.

In the event that anyone else needs to check the Lenovo FPRs supported by SGN click here.

:3054
Children
No Data