This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Safeguard Fingerprint logon - Lenovo laptop(s)

I am having a real time attempting to get the fingerprint logon solution to work.  I'm attempting to utilize this with Lenovo laptops.

The first question I've got is - is it possible to not have Fingerprint software installed on the system, install Safeguard, and then later install Fingerprint software (the proper version of course)?  Will Safeguard pick it up and use it then?

Secondly, is it possible to have multiple users on the same laptop log into POA using Fingerprint?

Third, does Safeguard recognize multiple Fingerprints on the same fingerprint profile?

:2395

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

i have the same problem.

Before I updated to the SGN 5.50, the FP was running under Windows and in the POA on several computers (e.g. Lenovo T60, T61p, W500, X301, ...). But with the newer version, I don't get it running for an authentification with the FP in the POA (Windows Authentification with FP works great). I installed Windows XP or Windows 7 with all drivers and programs (also with the FP Software and driver; for Authentec 3.3.0.58 and for UPEK 5.9.2.5859), only then I installed SGN 5.50 and encrypt all HDD devices.

But now (after the initial user alignment) I configured the FP. However it works only in Windows (the authentication with FP is allowed in SGN MC and the Pre-Desktopautehtification is activated in the BIOS).I tested it on several devices, but no one is accurate running? With the SGN 5.40 the installation wasn't easy, but it run.

What am I doing wrong?

Best Regards,

Johannes

:2975
  • Hi,

i have the same problem.

Before I updated to the SGN 5.50, the FP was running under Windows and in the POA on several computers (e.g. Lenovo T60, T61p, W500, X301, ...). But with the newer version, I don't get it running for an authentification with the FP in the POA (Windows Authentification with FP works great). I installed Windows XP or Windows 7 with all drivers and programs (also with the FP Software and driver; for Authentec 3.3.0.58 and for UPEK 5.9.2.5859), only then I installed SGN 5.50 and encrypt all HDD devices.

But now (after the initial user alignment) I configured the FP. However it works only in Windows (the authentication with FP is allowed in SGN MC and the Pre-Desktopautehtification is activated in the BIOS).I tested it on several devices, but no one is accurate running? With the SGN 5.40 the installation wasn't easy, but it run.

What am I doing wrong?

Best Regards,

Johannes

:2975
Children
No Data