This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Safeguard Fingerprint logon - Lenovo laptop(s)

I am having a real time attempting to get the fingerprint logon solution to work.  I'm attempting to utilize this with Lenovo laptops.

The first question I've got is - is it possible to not have Fingerprint software installed on the system, install Safeguard, and then later install Fingerprint software (the proper version of course)?  Will Safeguard pick it up and use it then?

Secondly, is it possible to have multiple users on the same laptop log into POA using Fingerprint?

Third, does Safeguard recognize multiple Fingerprints on the same fingerprint profile?

:2395

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents

• Cerebus06 wrote:

I was actually finally able to get it set up and installed on the X301 yesterday, but now I'm having a strange issue where the POA doesn't seem to want to register the fingerprint of the user.  Once the user registered their fingerprint in the software in windows, on a reboot the POA matches a fingerprint but doesn't find any login credentials associated with it, so you have to uncheck "log in to windows" (or whatever the checkbox is named) and then swipe the fingerprint on Windows Logon.  However - no matter how many times we do that POA doesn't seem to want to register the fingerprint with the user's login credentials.

Did the user have their fingerprints registered in the thinkpad software before SGN installation, or did they do it after?  I remember having a similar issue, and if I my memory serves me correctly, I deleted the users entire profile in the TFS software, and had them re-register.

:2445

• Cerebus06 wrote:

I was actually finally able to get it set up and installed on the X301 yesterday, but now I'm having a strange issue where the POA doesn't seem to want to register the fingerprint of the user.  Once the user registered their fingerprint in the software in windows, on a reboot the POA matches a fingerprint but doesn't find any login credentials associated with it, so you have to uncheck "log in to windows" (or whatever the checkbox is named) and then swipe the fingerprint on Windows Logon.  However - no matter how many times we do that POA doesn't seem to want to register the fingerprint with the user's login credentials.

Did the user have their fingerprints registered in the thinkpad software before SGN installation, or did they do it after?  I remember having a similar issue, and if I my memory serves me correctly, I deleted the users entire profile in the TFS software, and had them re-register.

:2445
Children
No Data