This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Safeguard Uninstall "SGNCleanUp.exe"

Hi,

We have a department who is getting their own software to cover their own encryption and need Safeguard uninstalled for just their department.  In the uninstall, the SGNCleanUp.exe runs after an admin logs in the next time after the rest of the software gets uninstalled.  However none of the users here are admins and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to have this fully run without manually touching all the computers which isn't really ideal.

Does anyone know what SGNCleanUp does and can it be manually done in the background by a SYSTEM account? (deleting files/registry entries)?

If more information is needed please let me know.

Thank you

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Jasmin

I'm currently using a powershell script ran either via SCCM or locally on the test computer which uninstalls the Safeguard configuration, client and preinstall via msiexec.  They are all using the "/qn /norestart /lv" flags at the end as well.  I then either restart manually or let an SCCM task sequence do a restart after the script finishes.

I'm not sure if it matters but during the kick off of either the manual run or the task sequence, I am logged in as an admin on the computer initially so I can test not doing that.

If the automatic kick off of the SGNCleanUp.exe upon boot without logging in is not by design or a new feature, it may be something at in my environment that I'm not aware of as I am fairly new here and am still learning all of the settings and software at play here.

• Hi  

AFAIK, the tool SGNCleanup,exe from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\SafeGuard Enterprise\SGNCleanUp.exe" will be triggered when the admin account gets logged in. I would suggest you to check the account being used when you are running with via SCCM or Powershell script. Also as you suggested you can test running task sequence with another non-admin account. 

Shweta

Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation@SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos! - Visit Sophos Techvids