This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Safeguard Uninstall "SGNCleanUp.exe"

Hi,

We have a department who is getting their own software to cover their own encryption and need Safeguard uninstalled for just their department.  In the uninstall, the SGNCleanUp.exe runs after an admin logs in the next time after the rest of the software gets uninstalled.  However none of the users here are admins and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to have this fully run without manually touching all the computers which isn't really ideal.

Does anyone know what SGNCleanUp does and can it be manually done in the background by a SYSTEM account? (deleting files/registry entries)?

If more information is needed please let me know.

Thank you

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi 

The SGNCleanUp application will remove any residual files, folders, etc. after an uninstall. The file is located It does require an account that has admin rights, be it a LOCAL or SYSTEM admin. 

SGNCleanUp can be run manually. The file is located in the following path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\SafeGuard Enterprise\

This document from the help docs has more detail. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Regards, 

RodS

Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Support
    Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• Hi Randy,

Thank you for your response.  I was able to run a test on a computer but the SGNCleanUp.exe is restarting on it own without a login or any apparent remote console connection.  This this is fine, do you happen to know if this is a new feature that has been added or just a fluke on this machine?

Thanks

• Hi Randy,

Thank you for your response.  I was able to run a test on a computer but the SGNCleanUp.exe is restarting on it own without a login or any apparent remote console connection.  This this is fine, do you happen to know if this is a new feature that has been added or just a fluke on this machine?

Thanks

Children