This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to upgrade rhe SGN Client

Hi Team,

We need to understand the below scenario:

Scenario 1:

Suppose we have old server like 6.1 & we have upgraded it to SGN7.0 to SGN 8.1

Now ,

How can we proceed at the client side ,if my version is SGN 6.1 & having the Preinstall,Client & COnfiguration Packegas.

Scenario 2:

If we have 2 server like SGN 6.1 & SGN 8.2 seperatly and we want to move some client which is having the SGN 6.1 version to the new SGN 8.2 Server.

Note here 2 separate servers are available like SGN6.1 & SGN 8.2.

Suppose we have decrypt the all drives which is present on the SGN 6.1 then what is the upgrade process from SGN 6.1 to SGN 8.2

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Team,

We need to understand the below scenario:

Scenario 1:

Suppose we have old server like 6.1 & we have upgraded it to SGN7.0 to SGN 8.1

Now ,

How can we proceed at the client side ,if my version is SGN 6.1 & having the Preinstall,Client & COnfiguration Packegas.

Scenario 2:

If we have 2 server like SGN 6.1 & SGN 8.2 seperatly and we want to move some client which is having the SGN 6.1 version to the new SGN 8.2 Server.

Note here 2 separate servers are available like SGN6.1 & SGN 8.2.

Suppose we have decrypt the all drives which is present on the SGN 6.1 then what is the upgrade process from SGN 6.1 to SGN 8.2

• Hi Paresh - 

The clients are actually backward compatible, so you could upgrade the backend and NOT upgrade the clients if needed.

What you will find (certainly with Win10) though is that the clients become incompatible with the OS and you'll need to upgrade the clients for this reason.

You could either automate this, or just run the clients directly on the machine.

Each MSI will check for the existence of a previous version, and should upgrade with no issues.

If your OS is Win10, you'll probably not need to update pre-install. 

You should not need to decrypt anything - The only time I'd recommend this is if you're removing C/R. 

• Hi Paresh - 

The clients are actually backward compatible, so you could upgrade the backend and NOT upgrade the clients if needed.

What you will find (certainly with Win10) though is that the clients become incompatible with the OS and you'll need to upgrade the clients for this reason.

You could either automate this, or just run the clients directly on the machine.

Each MSI will check for the existence of a previous version, and should upgrade with no issues.

If your OS is Win10, you'll probably not need to update pre-install. 

You should not need to decrypt anything - The only time I'd recommend this is if you're removing C/R. 

Children
No Data