This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wrong Credential for Sophos Safeguard Provided - Local Logon is Disabled

Hi All.

I was wondering if you find an error like the below and can help me to find the solution:

We started to deploy Sophos Safeguard 8.10 on Windows 10 version 1903 and we are encountering the following error: On some users (not all ) after the setup of the software with a local admin account as usualy  we restart the machine and  we logon with the user to whom we have to assign the machine: The pc start to exchange data with Sophos Safeguard Console;

The pc does not receive the policy of safeguard, so we are not prompted to set pin (TPM+PIN policy) and the pc becomes unresponsive, RunAS command hang, search bar is blocked;

Checking services, safeguard authentication service is not started, even it is set to start automatically. If we Start the service “safeguard authentication service” from a remote pc, then the pc receives the policy I am prompted to set pin and to click Restart and Encrypt. Once  restarted the machine, and I try to login with the user I receive the following error:

Wrong Credential for Sophos Safeguard Provided and once I click on ok, Local Logon is Disabled, I can then only login using windows authentication.

If I logon with the same user on a different pc (same model, and same OS) with version of Sophos Safeguard 8.005, instead I Can login without any issue, So what does it change between the 2 version?

Thanks in advance

Pietro

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hmmm.... This doesn't too good!

Can you confirm the exact version of the client you're using on the workstation, and also what's your backend running - 8.1 too? Could we have the full version of this too please?

Can you also confirm what version of the File Engine you're using too?

It does sound like a incompatibility between the client and OS.

1903 needs 8.00.6.2 or 8.10.2.55 or 8.20.0.83. Can you confirm you're using one of those versions with 1903?

There is a known issue with July patches - Are all the machines on the same version and updates as each other?

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/124771

• Hmmm.... This doesn't too good!

Can you confirm the exact version of the client you're using on the workstation, and also what's your backend running - 8.1 too? Could we have the full version of this too please?

Can you also confirm what version of the File Engine you're using too?

It does sound like a incompatibility between the client and OS.

1903 needs 8.00.6.2 or 8.10.2.55 or 8.20.0.83. Can you confirm you're using one of those versions with 1903?

There is a known issue with July patches - Are all the machines on the same version and updates as each other?

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/124771

Children