This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

After installing the 8.0 SGN client on windows 7 system the system performance is poor

After installing the 8.0 SGN client on windows 7 system the system performance is poor.

Can anyone help in this issue.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • any one can suggest us why this issue occurs 

• Also is there any document is there to prevent this issue

• Hi Paresh, 

Performance issues like the one you are describing are looked at on a case by case bases. What exactly are you seeing in terms of performance? Can you provide before and after examples of tasks. 

Also: 

• What is the full version number of SafeGuard client installed (e.g. 8.0.1xx)? 
    • What is the version of the SafeGuard management server? 
    • What variant of Windows 7 are you using (e.g. Pro and 32 or 64 bit). 
    • What is the make and model of the device you are using? 
    • What is the processor on the device? 

Please let us know. 

RodS

Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Support
    Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• Hi Team,

Please find the below response:

-What is the full version number of SafeGuard client installed ?- Currently we have use Sophos safeguard client v8.0, preinstall 8.0 and client configuration is 8.10

-What variant of Windows 7 are you using (e.g. Pro and 32 or 64 bit). & Pro (32 and 64 bit)

-What is the make and model of the device you are using? Mostly HP ProBook models – 4440s, 440 G1, G2

-What is the processor on the device? Core i3

-What is the version of the SafeGuard management server? 

• Also can you share the supported manufacture list ,so that we can identify if there is compatibility issue is there or not?

• Hi  

I have gone through your answers and able to see that your client version is still 8.0 which can work with the client configuration package of 8.10 but I'd still request you to install 8.10 client version on the machines and apart from that Safeguard file encryption has many performance issues which are getting addressed in different file encryption engines.

Please find all the file encryption engines here and install the latest one once that is available or you can go one by one to have better visibility to check which works best with your environment.

For the list of machines for the compatibility, we have this KB article but the last version for which hardware was tested for version 8.0. If you are facing any installation issue on all the machines with the same vendor, that might be the possibility of the incompatibility for that model only.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |

• Hello Jasmin,

Thanks for your kind reply.

Our current sophos safeguard server version is 8.10.0.323.

Suppose if we have the already installed version (Please find the attached snap of test system) then what is the impact on that system.

-DO we need to upgrade the Preinstall & Client Configuration packages or not?

Kindly suggest here.

• Hi again Paresh, 

It would be best practice to upgrade the Preinstall. The Client Configuration package looks like it is updated already, so just the Preinstall along with the client. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Regards, 

RodS

Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Support

• Hi  

As I have mentioned in my first post and agreeing with  that it best practises to have preinstall, client and client configuration package on the same version which will reduce many performances and feature-related issues of Safeguard. 

Please install the same version Client on the machine and if still issue persists, you can go ahead with the file encryption engine.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

• Hi Jasmin,

Just to update you ,

As when we built the new Sophos Safeguard server 8.1 then we have already created the same version packages (Client,Configuration & Preinstall) but due to this packages we are facing the performance issue.

Hence,one of my colleagues already case with sophos & case id is 8386595  and the engineer suggest that here to install the lower version.

After some time we are facing the same issue again & case is logged with support 9354628 & now unable to connect with the support since yesterday and due to this our installation is stucked.

Could you please provide us the relevant solution for this issue.