This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

missing poa or key information. please check computer's inventory 6.1

Hi TEam,

One of our client has facing recovery issue.

When we initiate the recovery and it will display that "Missing POA" and we have checked found that many users in the "Key " section showing blank.

Please find the attached snap FYR.

Kindly help us to resolve this issue on the priority basis.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

I agree with Michael for the reason behind this error. Apart from that below two could be the reason for the above mentioned error.

• Database Inconsistencies are reported by the Management Center those have not been repaired.
    • Duplicate objects of the SafeGuard Client exist in the Database.

Please make sure, you don't have any of this issue with your Safeguard environment.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• Hi Jasmin,

We need urgent support from your end as we have seen this issue on many users.

Also we have yesterday raised case with you (9267496) and we are trying to connect you but unfortunately connected with you.

Kindly look this matter on the priority base & help us.

• Hi  

Please go to the root and then search these machines in the inventory and remove the device entry which doesn't have anything under it.

Regards,

Jasmin

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |

• Ah well done!

Yes, this is an issue - the devices should only appear once in the console, not twice. 

This sometimes happens if AD sync doesn't work as expected. The object can go into a temp folder (auto.registered) but then when AD syncs it goes into the correct location within the sync'd directory. This happens when the client is new to the domain and it speaks to the Sophos server before the Sophos server speaks to AD and realises it exists!

Could you please double click each one in turn - The following windows will be seen...

This is NORMAL view and the client we must KEEP (it's populated with INVENTORY and communicating with the server as expected)

This is the "forgotten" view - no INVENTORY present

It's the SECOND entry we need to remove. DON'T TOUCH THE FIRST ONE WITH POPULATED DETAILS!

• Hi Micheal,

We have initiated the remote session & found that below things:

-When We search the affected system in an entire directory then we found the two hostname objects but cant find any hostname  in root search(Find the attached snap).

-

This is the only hostname which is showing the duplicate entry and another system are displaying proper as per your attached snap.

-We have tried to recover 3 -4 system under Tool>>Recovery

-Here ,We observe some system having mising POA issue and some system are able to recover

-

as You can see in the above section that the first highlighted host display the above message and second hostname is showing the correct .

-When we search and try to enter the both hostname one by one ,displays the "Missing POA".

Kindly look in to this & support us 9267496 not received the proper feedback.

-

• Hi Paresh - I'm sorry, I'm still a little confused. The POA snap you took - that's an image from an old post, so not an image taken by yourself?

If you're saying that when double clicking on one of the duplicated results you see the Inventory tab populated and when you click on the other it says missing POA?

I'm not sure what you're explaining with your last snap?

I'm sorry I don't work for Sophos - I'm just another customer like yourself. I've been using the product a few years now and know it quite well but Sophos support may be able to help further?

• Hi  

I'd suggest you to contact support on the below-mentioned number to get the immediate response as Support engineer tried to contact you on the call Yesterday itself but you were busy with another call, so your colleague told him that you'll be calling support once you are free.

For your query, Could you please confirm whether you have database inconsistency in your safeguard management center? 

Toll Free: 000 800 100 8381
    International:
    (+65) 6776 7467

Regards,

Jasmin

• Hi Jasmin,

Yes, but actually i Was in another call that day and after that tried the support number and unable to connect with team.

SO i have dropped the mail that day once i free from the call.

TOday again I am trying this number but unable to connect .

Could you please ask an engineer to call back today between 10.00AM to 5.00PM IST for the remote session.

• Hi Micheal,

Thanks for the update .

Just to update you,

this issue is facing we in multiple clients.

Also the current affected system is having two host entry and when we tried to recover both host one by one ,the Missing POA error occurs.

Do you have any idea "how we can check if this issue can be caused by database inconsistency,do you have any document?".

Thanks.

• Hi  

They will try to contact as soon as possible but I still request you to contact support over the call if you need immediate assistance. Please let me know what are you receiving while contacting Support on mentioned numbers.

When opening the SafeGuard Management Center the following warning message is displayed:

We have found inconsistencies in your database, which should be corrected quickly. Please contact Sophos Support for further assistance.

Regards,

Jasmin

• HI Jasmin,

I just received call from the support & resolve this issue now.

Cause -Duplicate host name and deleted the blank hostname.

Thank you for the support

• Hi  

I am glad that your issue has been resolved. Whenever you have issue of duplicate entry, delete the entry which doesn't have any inventory or the user assigned as I mentioned in my previous post.

Please let us know in case you face any other issue via another post of Community.

Regards,

Jasmin

Reply Children
No Data