This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows 10 BitLocker recovery key / password

Hello Everyone,

I've an issue that a user forgot his BitLocker key / Password and now need to recover from Sophos SafeGuard. Where can I find the key was generated. Also the Laptop is not giving an option enter manual key. It only gives the option to insert the USB and recover.

Where can I find the token key or the file need from USB?

Thanks

Regards

Faisal

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi - The fact that it's asking for a USB would suggest that this device has been personally encrypted (as in the user decided to encrypt their device) and not by policy (as created/controlled by SafeGuard)

In the console on the server - Can you find the hostname of his device?

If so - What state does this device report - Encrypted/Encrypting/Unencrypted? Is the device there but with no real details/inventory?

• Hi - The fact that it's asking for a USB would suggest that this device has been personally encrypted (as in the user decided to encrypt their device) and not by policy (as created/controlled by SafeGuard)

In the console on the server - Can you find the hostname of his device?

If so - What state does this device report - Encrypted/Encrypting/Unencrypted? Is the device there but with no real details/inventory?

Children
No Data