This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mac Reset Active Directory Password

I have followed the Sophos Safeguard guide religiously and went through it a few times.

I have managed to complete the reset of the password of the user. User is able to login to her profile on the Mac using the new password. She is able to use it on wifi settings etc etc.

The problem comes when the Mac is rebooted. As usual we are prompted to decrypted. However, filevault is not accepting the new password. 

We have tried the following.

1) Deleting and recreating the cert on Sophos Safeguard Management Console.

2) Decrypt and re-encrypting the laptop. The same users were automatically added as enabled to decrypt the laptop.

It looks like some file on the laptop is stuck and is unable to update.

Any ideas what i could have done wrong? Or how do i get it to work again?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Issues like this can be down to Secure Token, but are normally resolved from a rebuild? 

So if you've rebuilt the whole laptop and the issue continues - it must be a factor outside to the local laptop, AD?

To further rule out the laptop have you added another account to the Mac?

Can you clarify if you are encrypting the laptop PRIOR to using SafeGuard, or allowing the SafeGuard policy to implement the encryption?

• Yes. I assume a rebuild means that i format the laptop? I assume that should be it and i assume that is the way.

But i just wanted to check if i missed something i should try because i am afraid this may happen again.

I added another account to this laptop. Same issue when i did the password reset. POA does not recognise the password. But if i login to the POA using the old password, the MacOS using the current password, do the sync, it seems to update the POA.

The laptop has been installed with Safeguard. It has been encrypted with filevault due to Safeguard policy. User has forgotten her password thus the password reset guide was followed.

We are formatting the laptop next to rectify this issue, and i will try this again on another Mac to determine if this is the same issue.