This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Safeguard 8.10 compatibility with 8.0 back end client

Hi

Looking at upgrading the version of Safeguard we currently have in use and want to confirm;

I've read the docs for the new release and can't see it but would there be any compatibility issues with the new 8.10 client while using 8.00.0.280 backend ?

Additionally, what is the best practice for upgrading the back end client ? Should it match the windows/mac client version in production ?

Cheers in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi - I am running 8.1 client with a 8 server backed on a few clients. You do need to make sure you do something about the Outlook encryption policy/function that is integral to the 8.1 client. I've simply disabled the plugin on my clients as I don't have the full functionality of the 8.1 backend to control it properly.

It works fine - no issues at all (other than the Outlook plugin) I could probably resolve this with some tinkering but in that 99% of my clients are v8 and working quite happily...I'm happy enough with a workaround for the handful of 8.1 clients.

I asked the same question to Sophos directly in preparation for the upgrade, although I was confident that this would not present an issue...always better to be safe than sorry!

"Hello Michael,

This is regarding your case id # xxxxxx.
    Yes After Upgrade to 8.1, the clients on 8.00 will work as expected.
    However, in case you find any challenges, you can create a new client configuration package after upgrade and run the same on the issue facing clients.
    Let me know if you have any further concerns.
    Regards,
    Shweta Pathak"

• I was hoping you'd reply ! Cheers Michael.

We don't use the Outlook plugin so that should be no problem. I was on the same mindset as yourself with better safe than sorry but I'm happy enough now to start testing with clients.

Thanks again.

• No problem! Forgot to add - I'm using it too with an "old" configuration - 8.00.0.251 too, and no issues.

Note I have the pre-installer here as part of the original bundle - this isn't required for most installs these days.

Don't forget though, that you may need to consider/plan how you're going to manage the file filters now..

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/133000

Good luck with your testing!

Reply Children
No Data