This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[Release Notification]: File Encryption Engine build 23 for SafeGuard 8.1.x

Hi Everyone,

A new File Encryption Engine Update (Build 23) for SafeGuard Enterprise Client version 8.10.0 / 8.10.2 has been released today.

The update addresses primarily Boot Performance issues, but also improves application compatibility.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Adithyan, it appears that package is faulty.  I've tried downloading it from the KBA from different browsers, etc. and while the file unzips with no errors, when I attempt to apply it via the command line specified (with the file in the path of course) Windows reports it is not a valid patch file.  See attached screenshot.  I think it got corrupted, or something, when it was uploaded.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• FWIW build 22 patch installs fine.

Sophos Platinum Partner

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

Reply Children
  • Anyone?

Sophos Platinum Partner

• Oddly enough I used the recommend install option of;
    msiexec /p "C:\Install\File Encryption Engine for SGN 8.1.0 Build 23.msp"

I get the same failure. But when I just double click the file is seems to have installed...
    I don't see it listed separately listed in programs and features but the installed on date of our "Sophos SafeGuard Client 8.10.2.55" updated to today.

But I'm not seeing any improvements to the horrible network share access slowdowns we are seeing after this Engine 23 update and the "Hotfix Rollup 1901"
    So I'm off to try and add some exceptions per community.sophos.com/.../132447 and if that fails then downgrade to 8.00.5.18, per other feedback listed here.

• Yeah then it (the build 23 engine) didn't install.  The Engine updates show up in installed programs.  This is a screenshot of mine after attempting the build 23 install .. still only build 22 shows up.

I checked the SHA256 hash against what was in the included README and it all matches.  Just a bad file.  No one at Sophos appears to be interested.

Sophos Platinum Partner

• Hi Bruce,

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. First of all, my very sincere apologies for the delay in response. I have confirmed this patch to be working on my windows 10 Machine running Windows 10 build 1809. I would suggest trying the following steps:

1) Rename the name of the file to a shorter name.

Kindly please let me know if this helps.

[Edit]: The above step works due to the following reason: The name of the file you extract will be File Encryption Engine for SGN 8.1 Build 23_x64, however, the file name in the this KBA as a part of the install script is File Encryption Engine for SGN 8.1.0 Build 23.msp. The 8.1.0 part seems to have been misspelt in the example.

We shall have this corrected right away. Rest assured, the patch should work like a charm!

Regards,

Adithyan Thangaraj
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• So that was the solution; I can't understand why Microsoft says it's an invalid patch as opposed to a file that does not exist... good grief!  Thanks again, don't know how I missed it.

Sophos Platinum Partner