This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

POA is AD username / pass not PIN

Hi.

so Windows 7 64Bit.  

I assumed this would use bitlocker so come up asking me to create a pin, or i'd need to use bitlocker to tell it to need a PIN.  But, instead it's got the Sophos Safeguard splashscreen and is asking for the AD username / password as the boot combination is this what others get, or have i misconfigured something?  

Would all Win7 devices basically be like this and should be using the Sophos software and use the Username / Password combo.  It's only Win 10 that will have the bilocker splashscreen and PIN.

I presume i'm just being an idiot for assuming that it would use bitlocker and it's fine just i need to educate users it's this on a Win7 pc and looks different and will have a pin on Win10.  Or do I have a policy set wrong and i should be able to get a PIN instead on these.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Steph - Double check you're installing onto Win7 with an OS that's compatible with BitLocker - the lesser versions don't have it and will have to use Sophos encryption and not BL.

I didn't want this with our estate and it was one of the decisions to offer Win10 as the sole OS for Windows for the encryption service. I think consistency is key with things like this - You want the end-users to have an easy and consistent interface. 

You can get Windows (assuming you have Ultimate/Enterprise - Professional does NOT include it unlike Win8 and above) to use BL though - it's falling back to Sophos encryption I believe because it can't activate BL. 

Can you confirm it's Ultimate/Enterprise of Win7 you have installed?

• Hi Steph - Double check you're installing onto Win7 with an OS that's compatible with BitLocker - the lesser versions don't have it and will have to use Sophos encryption and not BL.

I didn't want this with our estate and it was one of the decisions to offer Win10 as the sole OS for Windows for the encryption service. I think consistency is key with things like this - You want the end-users to have an easy and consistent interface. 

You can get Windows (assuming you have Ultimate/Enterprise - Professional does NOT include it unlike Win8 and above) to use BL though - it's falling back to Sophos encryption I believe because it can't activate BL. 

Can you confirm it's Ultimate/Enterprise of Win7 you have installed?

Children
No Data