This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Refresh AD to pick up changes

Hi.

Refreshing AD within the Sophos Encyrption Server.

I see that i need to setup a script by the looks of it.... EEEK! to do it on the Task Scheduler...

But, is there any other way to get it to just re-read / refresh the AD as a quick one off.

Thanks in Advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Morning Steph - Yes. Navigate right to the root on the left hand side. Select the top object (Root).

On the left should now appear a Synchronise tab.

Use the dropdown to select your domain and click the magnifying glass.

Select the correct OU's you want to sync (or the whole thing is pre-selected)

In terms of regular sync - You'll want to do this via Tools - Task Scheduler. You may need to log in as MAINMSO to modify this.

The script itself is located in the Sophos directory - \SafeGuard Enterprise\Management Center\Script Templates\ActiveDirectorySynchronization.vbs

• I need to dig into it a bit more but it always hangs when i select synchronise memberships but untick that and i can refresh as much or as little as i want :)

Will dig into the admin guide to see what it says.

Don't think I need them for this anyway... :)

9: Decide whether Active Directory group memberships should be synchronized with the SafeGuard Management Center. The import of group memberships can be skipped by un-checking the Synchronize memberships box. Not importing and synchronizing group memberships has a positive impact on the performance of the Management Center (especially in large AD structures).

• I need to dig into it a bit more but it always hangs when i select synchronise memberships but untick that and i can refresh as much or as little as i want :)

Will dig into the admin guide to see what it says.

Don't think I need them for this anyway... :)

9: Decide whether Active Directory group memberships should be synchronized with the SafeGuard Management Center. The import of group memberships can be skipped by un-checking the Synchronize memberships box. Not importing and synchronizing group memberships has a positive impact on the performance of the Management Center (especially in large AD structures).

Children
No Data