This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to upgrade Sophos SafeGuard Management Central 7.00.0.97 to 8.10

Hi, currently I'm using Sophos SafeGuard Management Central 7.00.0.97 (installed) on my server. How do I upgrade to the latest version 8.10?

Please help to provide the steps.  

Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Please refer to the following articles:

1. Upgrade SafeGuard Enterprise Server

2. System Requirements for SafeGuard Enterprise 8.10

Please let me know if this helps resolve your query.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Mr. Haridoss, 

Thank you for your guidance. How about SafeGuard Management Center. Do i need to upgrade this as well?

Thanks.

• Hi Mr. Haridoss, 

Thank you for your guidance.

How about SafeGuard Management Center. Do I need to upgrade this as well? (If Yes)

a)SGNServer.msi

b)SGNManagementCenter.msi

Which file should I install first? 

This is my current version:

Thanks for your help.

• I would imagine it's Server first and then management console/center, as the MC will have a dependency on the new backend to operate?

Yes you will need to upgrade both. Do be aware that you'll also have to produce new configuration files too for the server)s) and the clients that connect.

• Hi, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I have some questions to clarify.

a)Be aware that you'll also have to produce new configuration files too for the server)s) and the clients that connect. What do you mean? Can you provide me the steps to do?

b)When I perform those 2 files as below (upgrade), will my current configurations is gone? 

i)SGNServer.msi

ii)SGNManagementCenter.msi

c)Is there any remote session to support me? I just worry during the upgrade, something happens.

Thanks.

• Good morning.

Don’t worry, your existing configuration of the server will not be lost.

Each computer (server or workstation) that interacts with the Sophos SafeGuard server(s) has a separate configuration file. This contains the server(s) Details as well as the certificates. It also may contain a policy too.

Each time you release a new backend then the tool that produces these client/server configuration files must be updated too. This is done via the Tools menu on the management server. Configuration package tool. I can provide some screenshots if needed but if you search for my posts I’ve commented on it recently.

Sophos (I’m nothing to do with Sophos, just a customer of their products) would offer a remote install but this would probably be a chargeable event with Professional Services unless you have existing credit/contract with them. Best to contact your account manager for more details.

HTH

• Hi Michael, 

Thanks for the information. 

Can you share with me the screenshot and the details information about it as mentioned below?

"Each time you release a new backend then the tool that produces these client/server configuration files must be updated too. This is done via the Tools menu on the management server. Configuration package tool. I can provide some screenshots if needed but if you search for my posts I’ve commented on it recently."

Thanks.

• Hi - Once you've upgraded the server and then the Management console (in that order) you'll need to launch the "new" management console.

Go to Tools - Configuration Package Tool.....

This launches the tool. All the servers should be listed here. This should be the same as it was with the old install. I have three SSG servers here, but you may have one or two? You shouldn't need to change anything here.

Choose the Server packages tab - Click each (or only) server and then select somewhere to save the package (C:\SSG\Tools?) Click Create Configuration Package. This package/MSI needs to be created for each server and installed/run on each. 

Click Managed client packages - Here you can create the new configuration to be applied to each client. Select each server (and secondary if applicable). It's advised NOT to install a policy here - at least not an encrypt policy as a workstation can potentially encrypt without speaking to the server first. You can then set a path as before and create the package.

You then install this package on the clients. It will contain the server (s) details as well as certificates so the client knows which server to talk to and how.

Hope this clarifies a little?

Cheers

• Hi, 

Thank you for your reply. 

In this case, if my current "Managed Client Package" as the screenshot below, do i need to perform those steps as provided from you?

Thanks

• Hi - Yes you will. Each time there's a full upgrade to another version you should really produce a new configuration package for the clients. You may get away with using the old configuration package on the client - but ideally upgrade it to the latest version you've produced on the server.

• Hi - Yes you will. Each time there's a full upgrade to another version you should really produce a new configuration package for the clients. You may get away with using the old configuration package on the client - but ideally upgrade it to the latest version you've produced on the server.

Children
No Data