This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Safeguard Unconfirmed Users

I'm setting up safeguard for the first time. My first user is being assigned to .domain\.Unconfirmed Users. with reason "The user did not provide all the required information". I have right clicked and confirmed the user successfully, but then it returns to Unconfirmed users again. Directory sync is working successfully and it seems to know that user is a member of the domain but is always unconfirmed.  Can anyone give any suggestions why this might be the happening?  The domain is synchronised with the FQDN but the workstation signs on using the older domain Netbios domain name. Could this be causing a problem ?

Thanks

Steve

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • It would certainly be something I'd look at.

As you're aware "Unconfirmed users" should be users outside of the directory that then have to manually acknowledged. SSG isn't marrying up these users with the directory as it's seeing the users as not a direct match. Local users only known to that machine would be expected into Unconfirmed users - They're acknowledged as legitimate accounts but they're not known to Sophos (as a confirmed user or a Service Account) or the directory. 

It does sound like there's something wrong/odd about the creds that are handed over as the PC logs in. Can I just clarify a few things?

You're using AD?

You're logging onto the same PC each time?

If you log on as another user (that's also known to AD) do you get the same issue?

• Thanks for your response. Yes we're using AD, yes it's the same PC but I haven't checked another user yet. Management centre shows my test user as the owner of that PC so thought I needed to stick with it. It has actually encrypted the local disk but it's not right. Viewing the status says it's not received any keys yet.

I'll try another user when back in the office and see what happens.

• Hi Steve - Just reading through some other docs this morning in ref to SSG and spotted this...

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/126509, in particular - 

DPSGN-11626 Enhanced Authentication failed: new user remains in the '.unconfirmed users' node

May be worth checking you're running the latest version of the backend?

• Thanks for the note, I've double checked and already have it applied. I've got a call open with Sophos support so we'll see how that goes.

• Hi Steve,

even though the reason mentioned for not being automatically approved is not exactly the same, it might be worth a try having a look at:  

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/124328

It also describes a new alterantive way of auto-approving users in SGN 8.10.

Cheers

F.

Reply Children
No Data