This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Migrating from Safeguard 8.0 to Sophos Central

We are currently getting ready to migrate all machines to Sophos Central.  Currently they all have Safeguard 8.0 installed.  We are using PDQ Deploy and have the process mostly worked out, but I have ran into one minor issue.  We can use PDQ to uninstall the client config and then the Safeguard client.  From there we copy the Sophos Central install locally to the machine and run it.  This all works out fine suppressing the reboot.  The issue I am having is on next user initiated reboot the machine prompts the users it will be restarting again in 2 minutes, I am assuming to finish cleaning up Safeguard.  This isn't so much an issue, but is there a way to force the machine to reboot quicker, maybe 10 seconds?  

What we are trying to avoid is users getting the reboot prompt, then proceeding to try and open applications.  Cheers.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi JBayley,

The recommended way would be to reboot after removing the previous client and another reboot after installing the Cloud version. However, let me check if we have any option to reduce the restart prompt duration.

From there we copy the Sophos Central install locally to the machine and run it.  This all works out fine suppressing the reboot.

Is it that you do not set the PIN after the client installation?

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Would you happen to have your process for this migration documented that I would be able to take a look at? I'm about to take on the same task and have several hundred endpoints that I would like to automate as much as possible. 

Thank you!