This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos SafeGuard Encyrption

Hi Everyone,

I'm actually working on this issue of mine with the Sophos login consistently looping. I have 2 accounts, both a domain accounts that I use for login but only 1 account works and will go through the desktop. Other accounts will remain looping to the login screen. Correct credentials was inputted and it will pop up that says successful login but will just go back to the login afterwards. Can you please help?

Regards,

Ken

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I think best to log on with an account that works, remove the SafeGuard client. Reboot, login with any account and see if the issue remains. Then login in, complete all Windows updates, reboot. Log back in and if all is well then reinstall the client again.

I have seen this just once and was a result of conflicting Windows updates that hadn't properly finished installing. 

What version of Sophos SG are you using and what OS is it please?

• MichaelMcLannahan,

Thanks for your suggestion. I also thought it was some sort of Windows updates that's causing it but it isn't, I focused on the Windows update but no matter how hard I try it doesn't make any change. Installation was successful so I thought there was no issues but I was wrong. I tried re-installing couple of times as well but didn't make any change either. 

Good thing I've fixed it now so I'm sharing it. I'm not sure why the Sophos Safeguard v.7 is acting that way but I'm pretty sure it was the culprit as after I've installed the version 8.0 it works right away without any issues. So that's it, I just use a newer version and that works.

Cheers~

• Ah ha, that would make sense as not ALL version of 7 are compatible with Win10 and to be honest as the Win10 versions change I suspect more will not be compatible with the early versions of 7.

I believe 7.0.2 is officially compatible with Win10, but as you've done - I'd strongly recommend you use V8 anyway!

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/122616