This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Synchronized Encryption

We deployed a small number of Sophos Safeguard Device encryption installs, but my server reports 2 machines are also using Synchronized Encryption...

How do I remove this?

I used the same scripted install for all the machines, but I have 2 anomalies.

1 is Windows 10 and the other is Windows 7.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Brian, 

Please get to the affected computers and follow the instruction below:

1. Please go to Control Panel > Programs & Features > Sophos Safeguard Client > right click and select Modify/Change

2. Click on change

3. Click on the drop-down on Synchronized Encryption and you can disable the feature.

Note: This needs local admin rights and once it is removed, the user can no longer be able to read encrypted files even if you have the necessary keys.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Brian, 

Please get to the affected computers and follow the instruction below:

1. Please go to Control Panel > Programs & Features > Sophos Safeguard Client > right click and select Modify/Change

2. Click on change

3. Click on the drop-down on Synchronized Encryption and you can disable the feature.

Note: This needs local admin rights and once it is removed, the user can no longer be able to read encrypted files even if you have the necessary keys.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Children
No Data