This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows 10 (18.03) and SafeGuard Client 8.00.5.16

Hello there,

does anyone have Problems with the new Windows 10 and Safe Guard Client.

I have one Client with the newest Version of Windows 10 (18.03) after Login appears a Blue Screen.

Is here someone with equal problems?

Kind regards

Patrick

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Although this is partial good news, I think this article is a little mis-leading.

The partition won't always be called ESP and not always 500mb either. Appreciate they do say "MOST installations it will be volume 2" but this is definitely worth checking too and not presuming. It's not labelled on my Surface, a different size and not volume 2 either!

You will need to also make this policy modification, save it and then either assign it to ALL PC's or create an AD/local group to assign it to. You then have to get the policy received by the client and if it's BSOD'ing you'll need to log on locally off the domain to make sure this policy is received before you can reboot and log back in as a domain user. Logging on locally will also mean that you'll need to authenticate against SafeGuard manually too.

• They seem to have taken down the workaround. Does anyone have the full instructions on it still saved?

I kinda need it now that they've missed their 5/25 patch forecast, and now their 5/28 deadline (without even updating the KB to give us a new date...)

Reply Children
  • Sadly I didn't but I think it was roughly...

DISKPART (Admin command prompt)

LIST VOLUME

Note down "system" drive. Their example last labelled as "ESP" and 500mb in size.

Add this is an exclusion for the drive in "ignored Devices" in the general settings policy. It'll need to be in the form of Device\DeviceName.

HOWEVER....I didn't think personally this was a good solution, and it's not very scalable either. Each PC could have a different devicename/volume number.

I would ask Sophos what they recommend moving forwards. I would suspect they would recommend now rolling back Windows to 1709, or log on locally for now?

The above is my recollection of this - I my be wrong so please don't back on it! It may help jog your memory though?

• Hi all,

there is an installable fix linked in the KB now.  [Y]

Cheers

F.

• Thanks for the update FK!

Let the testing commence.....

Michael