This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Modify Safeguard Client Script - Uninstall component?

I've seen you can modify the client install with ADDLOCAL but is there an uninstall switch?

I need to remove the File Encryption component from about 90 laptops and don't fancy doing it manually!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Good question - I would suspect not but interested to see the answer! I've just left the component dormant for now as I "may" use it in the future but it's a good question!

• Unfortunately we're not licensed for it so the license count is now exceeded otherwise I'd of probably done the same as you!

• Steve - I'm not sure you ever got this sorted, but I had exactly the same issue just yesterday. After spending many hours on it AND with Sophos Jasmin's reply - a solution!

SGNClient_x64.msi /passive /norestart REMOVE=CloudStorage,FileShare,SecureDataExchange /norestart

This will remove the File Encryption modules/components leaving disk encryption untouched. It's passive (so I can see it working) but has no user-interaction and no need for a reboot either.

You can reverse this test by changing REMOVE back to ADDLOCAL

I know this is well over a year too late but may help future people in the same situation?

All the best